Friday, March 14, 2014

The Purple Skater

Oh what a beautiful day! It was above the freezing mark so a lot of the snow has melted – there is still a lot to go but it’s a good start. Apparently Mother Nature and Old Man Winter are sending us another snow storm middle of next week but I’m hoping this one will miss us.
 
Today’s card was based on a sketch by Stamping Bella for her weekly challenge. One of my nieces has triplets, two girls and a boy (plus a boy 2 years older than them) and one of the little girls loves purple. I made this into a Christmas card for her.
 

This one was coloured with Prismacolor markers, die cut with a Spellbinder die. All the paper is from the stash. I ran the light turquoise paper through the Provo Craft snowflake embossing folder and added gold strips to each side. The three snowflakes were punch from the same paper as the strip and then I added a jewel in the centre which happens to be the same colour. The banner was hand cut and mounted on gold paper and then attached with dimensional glue dots. I think she will like it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...