Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Victorian Wedding Card


Wow, storms, storms and more storms. Although we only had an old fashioned thunderstorm and pounding rain here, there was a tornado touch down in Angus, ON which is pretty much in the middle of Ontario, north of Toronto and over 100 homes condemned and many more damaged. However, there were no serious injuries or deaths so that is good. We are currently under another severe thunderstorm warning as I type this.
 
A friend of mine requested a wedding card but it had to have red roses on it. So I made three for her to choose from. Here is the first one I made using a Stamping Bella stamp that is no longer available. They have discontinued a lot of stamps there so I hope they are bringing out new ones soon. I still all the old ones but you have to use a current one for her weekly challenges.

 
This one has many layers. The base paper with the large red roses was cut from a 12x12 piece of paper from a paper pack I picked up at the dollar store. It was covered with a piece of vellum to soften it. The image was stamped on white cardstock, coloured with Prismacolor pencils and then shimmer was added by going over them with a Versamark pen and then silver eye shadow. I lightly added some Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edge of the cake and then a little darker around the image while it was still in the Spellbinder die. I used the Spellbinder Card Creator die set. Then I added Stickles White Opal along the hatch marks and at the bottom of the cake to look like pearls. A cream ribbon was added diagonally before I glued the image on and then I added a matching bow and one large pearl. This card has a Victorian look to it I think.  Lots of work but lots of fun making this card.

Oh, oh. Here comes another thunderstorm so that’s all for a Wednesday.
 
Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. That card was alot of work! But it paid off beautifully!! Its gorgeous Violet!! I don't know what the other two are but with this one your friend should be very pleased!!!

    Be safe with all the weather..... i haven't had a thunderstorm in two years and i kinda miss it...crazy i know... no tornadoes thank you.... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...