Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hot, Humid and Windy and a Card

A very hot and humid day here today with a strong wind blowing – and even stronger wind gusts. The prediction with the weather and humidex make it feel like 40ºC or 104ºF – ouch! There are tornado warnings out in several communities. We are under a severe thunderstorm warning with the possibility of tornado warnings in the early evening. My thoughts and prayers are with those who were injured, those that lost their lives or had their homes destroyed in the U.S. by tornadoes. Its unbelievable what damage wind can do.

Other than hanging and taking off the laundry on the clothesline, and eating lunch on the front porch, I’ve spent the day in my upper studio working on another quilt. I’ve decided to make all the grandchildren and their parent’s quilts for Christmas this year. At least that’s the goal but that means eight quilts plus I’ve promised another quilt for the Rondeau Provincial Park next year’s raffle. Gulp! That makes it nine quilts. The good thing is that only Rondeau knows about the quilt I’m making for them. I haven’t mentioned making the quilts as presents to any of the family yet so if I don’t get them done no one will know.

Today’s card is a birthday card for a young boy. I kept it very simple and plain and yet I like it.


The stamp is a Magnolia design and the image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. The squares were die cut with Spellbinder’s dies and chalk was sponged around the image and the floor while the image was still in the die. This leaves a nice white border. The background cardstock was run though the Big Shot with a Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder and then inked with Distress Ink, Antique Linen if I remember correctly. I keep reminding myself that little boys and men do not like fussy things like bows, gems and glitter so I think this one fits the bill.

That’s all for a hot, humid and windy Tuesday!

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...