Friday, June 6, 2014

It's FRIDAY!!!!!

It’s FRIDAY again!...and the weather is perfect with the sun shining but a cool wind means it’s not hot and humid. Hope your weekend is looking good as well.

Seeing as I was grounded because of the cold wind a couple days this week I did get the card made for the Stamping Bella challenge. She makes a draw once a week, one draw per card made and I did win once already so I have a $50.00 credit. I’m waiting for her next release because I already have so many of the current stamps.

This week was a sketch and I actually followed it. Here’s my card which would be suitable for girls in their 20’s and 30’s I think.

 

All the paper is from the stash and the circles and rectangles are from Spellbinder dies. The large arrow is a Sizzix die and I hand cut the small ones. The buttons were die cut and embossed using a Stampin’ Up small die.  The image was coloured with both Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and then the black dress was with a black marker as the Prismacolor pencils was not dark enough to suit me. See those little specks on the dresses? They are not blemishes but a shimmer similar to a Wink of Stella pen, which I don’t have and couldn’t find locally. The Frugal Crafter gave us a tip on how to almost duplicate the Wink of Stella pen using….are you ready for this…..eye shadow and Versa Mark pen. That’s right. If you go to the Dollar Tree and buy a silver eye shadow (look for the ones that contain mica powder) and run the Versa Mark pen over the image where you want some shimmer and then brush on the eye shadow. Love this affect. As you move the card in the light it really shows up. If you want some cost savings tips, check out the Frugal Crafter’s You Tube videos or her blog.

That’s all for a Friday. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Friday to you to my friend!! What a cute card! Wow $50 to spend! Woohoo!! We are taking our recycling in for some $$ this morning then i'm off to the craft store to spend it. LOL!Its usually about $35 for a month and a half worth of recycling.... not a lot but nothing to sneeze at either.....

    Our weekend will be hot , hot , HOT...Sunday 107.....uuughhh.... But today we take care of the truck that took us on our trip... give her a bath inside and out and an oil change.... Take care..enjoy your weekend! Hugs! Deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...