Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Stamp for All Occasions



We put another 28.15 km on the old bikes again today! Today was the only day the weather was nice enough to ride even though it was hot and humid most of the day. In some parts of the park it was cool and windy. Strange weather for sure. The weather forecast for the next 8 days is rain, rain, rain with a few thundershowers thrown in as well. Hopefully the forecast is wrong and we have a few nice days too.

I don’t watch very much television but the other night I was watching America’s Got Talent and the comedian mentioned Canada and said “aboot” instead of “about” and indicated he was talking Canadian????? Huh??? Personally I have never ever heard any Canadian pronounce “about” as “aboot”. I suppose it could be a French-Canadian accent but it is NOT main stream Canadian. Isn’t it funny how something like that bugs you! So if you hear someone say Canadians say “aboot” instead of “about” tell them they have been terribly misinformed.

Okay, I’m off my soap box now. Today’s card is another anniversary card.



I stamped the image on white cardstock and coloured it with my new alcohol markers. This stamp could be for any occasion. I think I picked this one up at the thrift store a couple years ago. I stamped the sentiment which is from another stamp set in the middle. Once it was coloured, I used a stencil brush and pounced Tumbled Glass Distress Ink inside the oval and around the edges of the flowers. It was mounted on the deep red, then on the background, which is two pieces of paper from a paper pack that I taped together and then added the white Dazzle (stickers from Hot Off the Press) on each side and the long strip of white Dazzle along the bottom. It needed something else so I added three pearls.

That’s all for a Thursday,

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...