Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Pink Card and how to fix an "Oops"



Today feels like a typical summer day with hot humid weather and of course a chance for a severe thunderstorm. We had some light quick showers this afternoon but Joe did get the grass cut and I got some weeding and trimming done in between the rain drops. We actually had to turn the A/C on this afternoon. Yesterday was errand day and grocery day and one of the errands was to buy a new printer. I’ve been without a printer for over a month and Staples had a good HP printer on sale $110 off so it was only $89.99. I hope it’s a good one and not a dud! In hooking it up after supper I somehow unplugged the keyboard and with no keyboard there was no typing. By the time I figured everything out I was brain dead so I didn’t get a post in.

Today’s card is another magnolia image.




I warned you it was very pink! The image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils. The background paper came from a .99 paper pack from Michaels. The hot pink paper and ribbon is from the stash. The ovals were die cut with a Spellbinder’s die.

Now for the Ooops! On Saturday morning I had about an hour to kill before we were heading out for a bike ride so I hurried down to my lower studio (aka the basement) and started to experiment with a piece of water colour paper, Distress Inks, stamps, stencils and paint. I had the piece looking pretty good and then I had the not-so-brilliant idea to stamp and emboss in black a large mostly solid flower stamp on it. Well that didn’t turn out very well as the stamping was not even. I tried colouring in the negative parts of flower with an alcohol marker and that really ruined it.  I hate to throw things in the garbage so I grabbed some bird dies – one from Memory Makers and one from QuicKutz and die cut some from various parts of the paper. They are lovely!
Here is the piece that I originally made with the birds put back in place and I know you can barely see them which is good as I wanted you to see the original piece.


 
Can you see the lovely background I created using stencils and Distress Ink? Too bad I ruined it.


 
Here are the birds die cut from that piece. I have room to die cut a few more yet. The background was quite lovely until I added that flower but now I have these funky birds to use on other projects. So, the reason I’m showing you my “oops” is to show you how I take an “oops” and turn it into something useful instead of adding it to the garbage pail.

 Cheers
Violet

2 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Well that was a lovely oopps... :) Love the way those birds turned out. I'm gonna have my eye out for a good bird punch now.. LOL!

You turned your A/C on and we turned ours off the last two days..Yippee!!! Its time for that electric bill to start coming down! We will be playing around the high 80's to low 90's thru the weekend and as long as there is a decent breeze i can see us keeping the windows open. :) Big Hugs Violet! deb

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. and I love the birds.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...