Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Thank You Card and a Stinging Hand



I’m typing with a handicap today – a very painful one. This was yard work day and I usually have on gardening gloves but I had removed them to water the flowers. I saw a weed I had missed and reached down to pull it out and it was not just an ordinary weed – it was a stinging nettle. Ouch, ouch, ouch. This happened well over an hour ago and the hand is still stinging – but I cannot see any of the nettles to get them out. Maybe they just have to work themselves out….and if so, I wish they would hurry. Terrible weed, just terrible.

I needed a couple of thank you cards and I had time to make two this week. Painting the milk can has been the craft of the week instead of card making though…but not tonight with a stinging hand. This is an old Stamping Bella stamp. It’s probably not available anymore as she has retired so many of them. 



The image was coloured with a combination of Prismacolor pencils and alcohol markers. Blue chalk was brushed around the edge and yellow close to the image – that really made her pop.

All the paper is from the stash. Fancy dies are different Spellbinders sets. I’ve just started to combine dies from different sets and so far I like it. The tag is from QuicKutz. I ran a patterned purple piece of paper (try saying “patterned purple piece of paper” five times quickly) through the Swiss Dots embossing folder to give it more dimensions. There are thin gold lines down each side which are fancy stickers from Paper Wishes called Dazzles – love these. The sentiment is also a gold sticker and the little lines underneath of it. It will do as a thank you card.

That’s all for a Thursday,

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. Ran into stinging nettles for the first time in Germany....well i should say my daughter ran into stinging nettles...she was one unhappy little girl.... Fell better soon! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...