Friday, August 8, 2014

A Ramdom Act of Kindness and a Card



We had another lovely summer day here today. It was errand and grocery day though so no bike ride or hike….except through the grocery store. I had the most pleasant experience at the grocery store. I had picked up a box of 6 Kleenex tissues that were on sale but as I was at the check out I was having second thoughts about them because the boxes were so small I was thinking it was not much of a bargain….and if you read my blog, you know that I love a bargain! The lady ahead of me had a HUGE order so I was just standing there and turned to look back and the lady behind me looked like my best friend who is gone for the entire summer. We started chatting and I noticed she had three packs of 6 boxes of tissues (of the kind I usually buy) as well so I figured they must have been on sale too and I asked her what they cost and she told me $2.99! I couldn’t believe it. Hubby had wandered off to the magazine section and I was wondering how I was going to go get them when her hubby showed up. I asked her if he would know where they are or could she watch my order so I could go get them. She immediately said no, he wouldn’t know where they were but she did and how many did I want and off she went. She came back with the last two packs! It’s funny how one simple random act of kindness and can just make your day – and I told her that. She was so nice.

So, now on with the posting. Today’s card is for the challenge over at Stamping Bella where we had to use one of her Uptown Girl stamps.
 


I wanted another thank you card so what says thank you better than a coffee with friends! This was coloured with Prismacolor pencils. All the layers were die cut with the Spellbinder Card Creator dies. The banner was die cut out of the same paper as the dark rectangle and then I wrote “thanks” with a gold pen. The tag is from a QuicKutz die from the same paper as the base layer but the edges were inked. The sentiment is from a set of Celtic stamps I picked up on sale at Michaels a few months ago and never used and it was perfect for this card. The tag is adhered with dimensional glue dots and embroidery floss was tied in a bow through the top.

That’s all for a Friday. We are having two of our young grandsons all next week so if I don’t post it’s because this Grandma is too tired by the end of the day to even type! They are well behaved boys and a joy to have but they are busy, busy, busy boys – as they should be. Wish me luck and stamina keeping up with them!

Cheers
Violet


1 comment:

  1. Love this card Violet....Two friends sharing a cup of coffee... LOVE it! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...