Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Perfect Summer Day and a Card



This was as close to a perfect summer day as you can get. It was so nice this morning we decided to head out to Rondeau Park for another bike ride – another 25km done! It was sunny with some cloud coverage and just enough of a wind blowing to keep the humidity down. Perfect! We are so blessed to live in this area, and in this country. I’ve mentioned a couple times that this year should be known as the year of the thunderstorms and strangely enough Environment Canada agrees with me. We’ve had more thunderstorms this year than ever before – six in 10 days just recently. Odd weather for sure.   

Today’s card is another one using a Magnolia image.



This image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils. Ovals are from Spellbinders. The paper is from the stash. I love it when I can root through my green stash and find the perfect paper combinations….and then the ribbon matched too. The bow was tied with my handmade bow maker. I had a bit of dark green paper left over after cutting out the scalloped oval so I cut two ¼” strips and added them to the top and bottom of the lime green. Waste not, want not!

That’s all from a tired crafter….

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...