Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Vellum Card



Not too much happening to report so this will be a short post. Today’s card will be featuring vellum which I seldom use, until now….I’ve caught the vellum bug!  Here’s the card.

First the image, Inkadinkado I think, was stamped on white cardstock with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. Then several Distress inks were sponged over the image which really made it pop. There was a piece of very pale blue vellum in the package so I decided to use that. To get the fancy oval (Spellbinders) die cut twice and then lining them up to match seemed like too much effort so I laid the vellum over the image and ran both at once through the Big Shot. Brilliant idea! They fit together perfectly! Oh, oh, wait a minute O’ Brilliant One. How are you going to stop the vellum die cut piece from popping off?? This was not quite as brilliant as I thought. So, after thinking about it the only thing that made sense to do was to use sequins and beads to hold them together. Easy peasy! I just punched some holes where I wanted the sequins to be, threaded a needle and went through the back, into the sequin, into a clear bead, back through the sequin to the back and taped it off. Problem solved and it looks great. After I finished patting myself on the back, I glued the oval to a light blue card base. To match the ink around the image I sponged a little bit of pink and yellow on the vellum before gluing it down.

I loved playing with the vellum and I accidently found an inexpensive glue that is invisible under vellum – but you will have to check back for that hint as it’s on another card that will be posted later in the week.

Cheers
Violet


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...