Thursday, December 18, 2014

Flashback Thursday

On Thursday’s on Facebook they have a thing where you post older pictures of yourself. I thought I would take that idea and post a couple of dolls that I made and posted on my very first post. The first one is a Victorian Father Christmas doll that I actually made for myself.

 
Pretty easy to see why I refer to it as a Victorian Father Christmas. The stick he’s holding is a piece of doweling that I painted and then wrapped the greenery and ribbon around it. The horn came from one of the discount craft stores and I added small roses to it as well. I loved making this doll.  I made one similar to this for one of my daughters but she wanted a Father Christmas that was a Woodland one, all done in brown tones so that’s what I made….. but I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to her.

Last month I won a prize from Tim Holtz and it was some of his fabric. I had no idea what I was going to do with it until I pulled out my Father Christmas doll last week and all of a sudden I had this idea to make another doll but this one is going to be a Peddler of sewing and quilting supplies. He will have a brown beard and brown hair and his clothes will be pieced from the Tim Holtz fabric I won. His wife must be a quilter, right! I can’t wait to get started on it but it will have to be in January as I’m still trying to get some quilts finished.

One of my other daughters wanted a doll but she wanted a wizard…..and her favourite colour has always been purple, so I made her one too.
 
I used the same pattern but with a totally different look. The face comes plain and you have to add your own beard and hair. I wanted his staff to have a fancy top so I glued on….are you ready for this….the plastic ball from a used roll-on deodorant (washed of course) and then added a heavy layer of Aileen’s tacky glue and then rolled it in small beads and glitter. My daughter laughed like crazy when I told her what the top was made from. She loves it.

There are a couple of other dolls I’ve made but I’ll post them another day.

That’s all for a Thursday.
 

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

jinxxxygirl said...

Violet you blow me away with your mad skills!! These are all incredible! LOVE the ingenuity of using that roller ball. :) See things not as they are but what they could be........ Love that.. Cannot wait to see your Tim Holtz fabric doll! Hugs! deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...