Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A New Stamp


Another cold day today but I did get about a 35 minute walk in. The sidewalks were very slippery so once I got into the survey near our house I walked on the road instead. The weather is getting warmer tomorrow but with it comes snow and maybe even freezing rain. Glad I don’t have to go out in it! This girl is staying put.

Today’s card is featuring one of the new stamps by Stamping Bella.

 
There is a sentiment that comes with this stamp that is about friendship but I’m using it as a birthday card. The inside will be stamped saying “Blowing birthday wishes your way” which I think suits this card just fine....sorry old stamp, not sure who made it.  The image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. Mica powder (eye shadow from the Dollar Tree) was applied to her dress to give it some shimmer. All you have to do is run a Versamark pen over where you want the mica to stick and pounce some on using the brush that comes with the eye shadow. This tip came from The Frugal Crafter and I highly recommend her YouTube videos. Glossy Accents was added to the balloons and they look shiny in real life. That pretty blue paper came from Paper Wishes and I die cut a strip with a Spellbinder Edgeability die (wish I had more of them too) and then just glued on. I did pounce some light blue chalk around the image but it is very light. Double click on the image to enlarge it and hopefully the shimmer will show up. I’m really happy the way this one turned out. 

That’s all for a Wednesday,

 
Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. OH Happy Wednesday!!! It feels like Spring here. High will be mid 60's today and no sign of the much needed rain. It stopped raining about a month ago and not a drop since...not good.. the farmers and ski resorts are all screaming for more rain/snow... Everything just goes North of us or in some cases South and we sit high and dry....

    Love this card Violet. Thanks to you i'am a fan of the Frugal Crafter too. I'm hooked. Love her videos, especially her upbeat personality and never miss a 'Ask A Crafter' show. lol Take care! Stay warm! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...