Thursday, January 29, 2015

Frightful Weather but a Beautiful Card



The weather outside is FRIGHTFUL! It started with some snow pellets this morning, but short lived, but then came some freezing rain and then snow – and it’s still snowing. The roads are terrible. I’m so glad we got ourselves out for a walk this morning. It was bitter cold because it was so damp and the wind was cold but we did get an hour’s walk in….felt like more with having to deal with the slippery sidewalks. We were hit with a few snow pellet showers but nothing major. Glad I had no place to go this afternoon or tonight though…..because I would be a no-show.

Last week I posted a card with a new die on an alcohol background. Here is another one with a different twist.


The background was left darker and then matted on black cardstock and then onto some orangy-red paper that co-ordinated with the alcohol inked glossy cardstock. This time black cardstock was inserted inside of the flower instead of leaving it open. To keep the black theme going I added a black rectangle at the bottom of the card with a gold peel-off sentiment and doo-dad. Then I added a peel-off corner doo-dad to the top left corner to tie the gold in. The background had the gold mixative alcohol ink in it too. This one turned out okay and I’m really liking this die.

I’m looking forward to getting the dies that I won from Die-namites…plus one extra one I bought. I just could not narrow it down any further! My friend and I swamped some Memory Box dies and I picked out the ones of hers that I wanted for myself, went to their website and couldn’t find any of them. Guess they have been discontinued – darn. I’m sending the list to our local scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle, to see if Kim and find them for me. She likely has contacts we don’t.

That’s all for a frightfully snowy Thursday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...