Thursday, January 22, 2015

Second card with new die



The sun is shining and the snow is melting the snow so boots that don’t leak are a necessity….which means I have to go boot shopping. When we walked the other day I told Joe that I must have to spray my winter boots with sealant again because I think they are leaking. I took a better look at the boots today and they don’t need sealant, they need replacing. Darn. These were the most comfortable boots I’ve ever had but time to get new ones. Hope there are still some around. It’s near the end of January so I imagine all the stores have the summer stuff coming in. We shall see.

The snow just didn’t want to quit yesterday and was still coming down when I left the quilt guild meeting at 9:00. It was just a light snowfall though and not much accumulated but the roads were a bit slippery in places. Last night they taught us how to do needle-turn appliqué which I’ve never done but wanted to learn. I enjoyed it but I have lots of other quilts to make before I start a new project.


The background is one of my favourites. Lots of pouncing on alcohol on glossy cardstock until got just he look I wanted. I mounted it on black and then on a piece of orange paper that matched the colour of the alcohol inked one. Love it when that happens. This time I die cut the flower out of black cardstock and simply glued it on. The sentiment is a peel-off and I just happened to have one in black writing. The ribbon is from my stash. Stickles just had to be added to the flower too. Flowers need bling!

That’s all for a Thursday,
Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...