Wednesday, January 21, 2015

New Die!



Well that little bit of snow that we got yesterday was nothing like today’s snowfall. Once again it started snowing early this morning but this time we decided to go for a walk anyway. We were well bundled up which was good because the snow looked like it was just a nice gentle snowfall but every once in awhile it must have picked up some moisture and it when it hit our face it was like being hit by needles. Ouch. But, neither one of us fell and we got some exercise. When we got home Joe decided to shovel the driveway even though it was still snowing and I just checked the weather report and it’s not suppose to stop until about 9:00 tonight.  I like being in the house and watching the snow fall but it can quit anytime now. I’ve seen it enough times for this year.

Last fall our local scrapbooking store, The Paper Pickle, had a sale on Memory Box dies. By the time I got there they were pretty picked over but I did get a butterfly die (I used it on a card I previously posted) and one flower die. I really like flower dies. This is the first card I made with it.



I die cut the flower first in the red and then placed the pink behind it. I ran it through the Big Shot again and it cut off the pink around the edge but not each petal, which was a bit of a surprise actually….but I figured it was just paper so if it didn’t work, so what. Then I die cut it in green and placed a piece of light green behind the leaf that had the veins and I cut around it with scissors. The background was a piece of yellowish paper and I splashed some hot pink ink on it and sponged the lower right corner to add some dimension. Not sure who made the sentiment stamp but I just stamped it in black. Once the flower was assembled and glued on I knew it was too blah and needed something else. The banner was hand cut from the same piece of cardstock that the leaves were die cut from and I inked the edges and added it. Then I die cut the button (Stampin’ Up) twice and glued it together to make it deeper, tied some floss on it and glued it on. Still blah. Sequins are big right now so I dug out my sequins and added 5 green ones and one hot pink one. Getting better but still blah. Ahhh. It needs bling. I added the pink Stickles to it and pounced it around with my finger. Not bad. It’s not one of my favourites but its okay. I’ve made two other cards with this die and I do like them better. Stay tuned for them.

That’s all for a very snowy Wednesday,

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. Love the pink flower Violet. I like all the details.. Its a gorgeous day here..sun is out for the first time in over a week... we've been socked in with fog... I think i may bet out front and work on my flower bed... must spruce them up for selling the house... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...