Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bitter Cold Still - and a Card



More record breaking cold weather tonight. Apparently its going to feel like its -35C (-31F) overnight. Yikes. Will spring ever come or will be melting snow in June and July? Not much to report as I haven’t left the house today. I got a lot done on my quilt for Rondeau Park’s raffle though. Joe went off to the hockey game tonight but I know I couldn’t take the cold or the air horns they blow when the score so I stayed home and quilted.

 Today’s card is a soft and soothing sympathy card.


I love this paper but I have no idea where I bought it or who manufactured it. The photo is one I took at the park and the flowers the butterfly is on picks up the purple colour of the paper and ribbon. When I had this photo in Photoshop I blurred the edges to keep the soft look…which I really like. I tied the bow and decided to leave the tails quite long and glued it to the top left corner. The sentiment is a peel-off.

Well, the game should be over soon so time to put the tea kettle on. I’m sure a hot cup of tea will be appreciated after being out at a hockey game.

Cheers
Violet


1 comment:

  1. Love your picture card Violet. Especially the blurred edges. That really makes it special. Its been warm here around 70 but cooler is expected this weekend... Hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...