Monday, March 16, 2015

Using Photos in Cards



We had a robin in our front yard today; my crocus and snowdrops are blooming; the birds are chirping and looking for nesting materials; no need for heavy coats, gloves and hats so I think maybe it’s SPRING!!!! Finally the terrible arctic cold weather has moved on and we are back to more seasonal temperatures. Neither one of left the house over the weekend, except I made a quick trip to the corner store to get a bag of sugar so I could finish the lemon loafs. In that case, I really had no choice as I had the butter and sugar mixed, the lemons grated and the dry ingredients ready to go when I realized I didn’t have enough sugar. I hate it when that happens but with both of us being sick off and on, getting groceries has been hit and miss….in this case, miss!

Today we decided we were both well enough to run some errands and I must say it was nice to get out of the house. We were trying to talk ourselves into going for a short walk around the block (about a 50 minute walk if we cut it short) when we got home but as we were trying to decide if we should go or not, it started to rain. All walks were cancelled. It didn’t rain long but getting wet would not be in our best interest so I’m glad we decided against it.

 I finally, for the first time in over a week, made it down to the lower studio and got some new cards made. It felt good to actually feel like doing something! Here are three cards I made last week before I got sick using my own photos.


This is a Scarlet Tanager, Joe’s favourite bird. I love this photo I took of him sitting on a branch in the sunlight. Unfortunately the sun shine makes him look a little orange but he is actually bright red. The sentiment was added in Photoshop and I just got it printed and glued it to a card base. Not terribly creative but sometimes I just like to use my photos in cards.

The next two cards feature roses that bloom in my garden. 




I didn’t add a sentiment to them in Photoshop so I stamped a sentiment on a Spellbinders’ ribbon labels one one, used a peel-off on the other, and added them with ribbons. I like to keep the sympathy cards simple and plain so these should be fine. I'm looking forward to seeing if my roses made it through this terrible winter. Fingers crossed!

That’s all for a spring-like Monday, March-16-15

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling better Violet! I think thats a wonderful idea to do with your photos! I have some photos to do that with once i get unpacked..uughh... hopefully some day soon... Hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...