Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Dragonfly Card



Wow, two nice days in a row! We walked downtown this morning and the weather got warmer and warmer. I wanted some 4 ¼” envelopes from the Paper Pickle (our local scrapbooking store) but they didn’t have any. As the girl was looking for them I spotted the envelope maker and decided to go ahead and buy it instead and just make whatever size envelopes I need. Jenn said it really is easy to work and she uses hers all the time. Sold! I’ll let you know what I think of it once I use it. I also stopped at our church and picked up the newsletters for the shut-ins and dropped them off on the way home….multi-tasking even while out for a walk. Tonight is quilt guild meeting night so this afternoon I finished off the charity quilt to take for show and share.

A friend of mine asked me if I could make some cards with dragonflies on them. Sure I can! Here’s one of them.



The paper is all from Stampin’ Up but I don’t know the names as it was gifted to me. The large dark banner was run through an embossing folder. The top was die cut with my Spellbinder’s die and then bits of left over dark paper was taped behind the cut out areas. I ran a silver ink pad over the embossed areas, just here and there, to add a little more interest. The sentiment was stamped and embossed with Stampin’ Up Night of Navy ink and clear embossing powder. The dragon fly is a Dazzle from Paper Wishes (HOTP). I backed it on white cardstock and then coloured the open spaces with alcohol makers. The dark blue card base is the card itself.

That’s all for a sunny Wednesday,
Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...