Monday, April 13, 2015

A Masculine Card



Well we finally had two whole days without rain……and we took full advantage of it by going to Rondeau Provincial Park for walks through the bush. Saturday we walked for 3 ½ hours and Sunday afternoon for 2 ½ hours….well, walking or standing looking for birds – on our feet the entire time. On Saturday I had taken a thermos of coffee and a snack and we actually carried our coffee cups while we walked another trail instead of sitting and taking a break. Gluttons for punishment! Today was another thunderstorm though and the spasms and weird speech were back. Oh well, at least I had two decent days. My speech was so bad I cancelled out from going quilting and for a luncheon out with some non-quilting friends. When Joe has trouble understanding me, there is no use expecting others to.

Today’s card is another good one for a man. I’m enjoying making masculine cards more and more.



The bottom piece of cardstock is all one piece so I didn’t have to piece them together. The top piece is a piece of cream cardstock I ran through my Tim Holtz gears embossing folder and then ran the Walnut Distress Ink over the top, leaving the centre lighter than the outside areas; then the two pieces were taped together at the back; and then the bakers twine was wrapped around it along the seam. The gears were die cut from a cereal box with the Tim Holtz die and then painted, inked and splattered to make them look old. The sentiment is a peel-off.

That’s all for a Monday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...