Monday, April 20, 2015

Kittens Galore



Not much to report. Saturday was a nice sunny day and yet I was hit with another round of painful spasms from the brain disorders and weird speech. However, I convinced Joe I was fine to go for a walk (and he could do the speaking to people) so we headed out to Point Pelee and walked all afternoon. Unfortunately there were no birds to photograph. It’s about two weeks before the migratory birds show up. Sunday was cool and wet so I guess that’s why the brain disorders hit on Saturday. Oh well, there are lots of people worse off than I am so I don’t worry about it. It’s been since 1999 so we are used to living with it.

Our local chapter of the OSPCA (animal shelter) is having a fund raiser in the hopes of having a new building built….which it needs desperately. They are having a supper and silent auction this Saturday and I made a quilt for them to auction off. My friend, Phene, made one as well and I dropped them both off at the shelter today. Another quilter made one too but she will be delivering hers herself. Here is mine:



I named it Kittens Galore. 



It didn’t photograph very well so I took another one outside today but it is not much better and does not do the quilt justice. The ladies at the shelter really liked it so I hope it brings in a good bid.

It is raining with the chance of a thunderstorm today and again tomorrow. No quilting for me today but I’m heading down to do some more scrapbooking.

That’s all for a wet Monday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...