Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Too Many Candles



We were having a cool wind and rainy day here today so I decided it would be a good day to get Joe’s slippers made. AAAAGGGHHHH I hate making these and it is a testament of my love for him that I do it. He hates hard soled slippers and we cannot find soft soled ones anywhere. I happened to mention this to my friend Phene one day and she said she had a pattern to make slippers. She said she was making them for her sisters for Christmas and I could have the pattern after that. Well, I kept putting it off but one day about six weeks ago she came over and between us we made him a pair of slippers – and he LOVED them. Unfortunately we didn’t have any imitation leather for the bottom and we just used some heavy fabric. It didn’t last very long and the bottoms were pretty much gone within a month. So, today I decided to make a pair all by myself. When Phene was here she did all the sewing because I was having a bad day so I really didn’t learn much….and I should have paid more attention. These are so complicated to make the first time. The next pair will not be as difficult but I will be basting each seam first before stitching it properly......saves a lot of “un-sewing” aka “ripping out seams”.

Today’s card is from an Art Impressions stamp called “Burnadette” which is very fitting name for this stamp. I haven’t coloured this one up for awhile so it was nice to get it out again. I ended up stamping it twice. They are both coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. The apron was stamped on a separate piece of yellow paper, cut out, and glued on. The candles flames have Stickles all over to give them shine. I love ripping the corner of the first layer, curling the others and then depressing them with black and brown ink to make it look like the corner is burnt.



I decided that her dress was too blah just being orange so I took a marker and just touched the tip of it here and there to create a polka dot affect.



This one I just left the dress green.

That’s all for a cool Tuesday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...