Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Card from the Stash



It’s cool and rainy here today so no bird watching today. Now they are calling for rain again tomorrow so we may have another day off….one would have been enough to recharge our batteries! My sister stopped in for a visit this morning and I finally finished my daughter’s quilt this afternoon. Neither one of us are very ambitious today but I think we need a rest so that’s okay.

Today’s card is another one that I made up from bits and pieces in the stash.

I was looking through my stash and fund this die cut out (Spellbinders) from white cardstock and the piece of cardstock it was cut from was still there as well. I have no idea what I was going to use it for but there was a piece of off pink paper right by it so I pulled it out as well and decided to use them all in a card. I took a card base and inked the edges with a darker pink, which looks orange in places but is not! (camera trickery again)...and set it aside. Then I stamped and embossed the sentiment (HOTP stamp which is Paper Wishes) onto the piece of pinkish paper with a darker ink and set it aside.

I placed the die cut-out back into the die and then sponged ink over the embossed areas and set it aside. Then I took the white cardstock it was cut from and ran the bottom of it through an embossing folder, leaving the top plain. I sponged green ink here and there around the edges and some of the pinkish ink lightly in the centre of the embossed part.

Then I laid the embossed piece on my ScorPal and scored three lines at the top of the embossed area; and then lightly sponged on some of the pink over top and around the edge; and glued the entire thing to the card base with the die cut glued back into the negative space. The piece with the sentiment was then glued to the top of the card. It sounds like a lot of steps but it was actually quite quick to do. I needed a retirement card for a lady and this is the one I made for her.

That’s all for a rainy Tuesday,
  Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...