Thursday, May 28, 2015

At the Pinery



It’s quite a nice day here today but the wind is a bit cool this afternoon. There was not much wind at all this morning when I hung the clothes on the line but they dried fairly quickly once the wind picked up. Not too much happening here today. We are both tired and pretty much just doing what we have to do and relaxing. I picked up two Fiskar’s Fuse packages at Jo-Ann’s the other day without realizing that they were not regular dies and I don’t have the fusing system but after some experimenting I have them working in the Big Shot. Now I wish I had bought more of them as they were only $2.99 and $3.99 for a package of 4. Oh well, it's not like I need more crafting supplies! I’ll be posting those experimental cards another day as I don’t have them photographed yet.

I thought it was time for another scrapbook layout. This was Joe and I at the Pinery in 2010. I had just got that camera and was trying to get the delayed-timing shot to work. You can see in one of the photos that he was getting a bit bored with the whole thing.


The background paper and some of the embellishments came from Paper Wishes (HOTP) in one of their "Almost Done" kits. I've bought several of those kits and I really like them. The large trees were die cut with the Tim Holtz (Sizzix) die. Not sure where the large letters came from as I don’t keep packages. I mounted some of the photos on green and staggered them to fit several on the two pages. The arrows are also a Sizzix die. The “K” and the “N” and “E” on the first page were brown so I needed something brown on the second pages to form that good-old invisible triangle so I used a slide mount which I painted brown.

Here are the two pages on their own.




That’s all for a lovely Thursday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...