Friday, June 5, 2015

Birds and a Flip Card



There’s nothing like a good night’s sleep to restore one! That and a massage and then the chiropractor this morning and I feel like a new woman – until I look in the mirror – rats, still just me! It was such a nice afternoon we went to Rondeau Park for one of their veggie burgers and a walk. I, of course, carried my camera and I was lucky enough to get some good shots of the Great Crested Flycatcher and a Yellow Warbler. Here they are:






 Love the birds!

Another new tool I bought last month was the thinlit die from Stampin’ Up that makes the swing card. It was on sale for 40% or 50% off so it made it affordable in my eyes so I bought it. Fun die. Here’s the first card I made with it.

This was a piece of double sided paper that I experimented on. The base card was die cut and then I die cut the beige piece and trimmed 1/4” off the edges show the base card would show through. Then some plain red was run through the Stampin’ Up butterfly die and they were glued on. The other side needed something and I just happened to have that flower vine cut out so I sponged on some red on the flowers and glued it on. The label comes with the die along with some other extras – like the word “hi” so I used it on the front.


This is inside when it flips open. I added a beige label on the inside and a gold peel-off that says “thinking of you”. It’s pretty enough but then I realized there was no room left for a message or the person’s name. I corrected that on the card I’ll post Monday – it has an extra flap. Fun die to play with.

That’s all for a Friday. Here’s wishing you all a safe and happy weekend.

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. Love the bird photos! I just took a couple this morning myself...A crow and what i think is a redtail hawk were fighting over the same pinetree... :) Its a dime misty morning and they were quite far away but i snapped a couple of pictures and will pull them up on the computer later for a closer look... I'm not sure i could tell a difference between a big hawk and an eagle if its not a bald eagle...those i would recognize... unless maybe if its a juvenille..then i might be confused.... lol Had a new visitor to the yard yesterday.. can you guess??

    What a pretty card Violet...I always love your placement of things and you know the bright colors grab me.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...