Friday, November 10, 2017

All is Blue


Brrrrr. It’s below freezing here and with the cold north wind blowing it’s even colder. We have a weeping mulberry tree in our front yard and it dropped about 90% of its leaves last night. They are huge leaves so it was raking leaves in the cold this afternoon. We take them to the city composting station instead of putting them in the landfill….every little bit helps the environment. The areas about 30 minute drive here got snow last night but it missed the city completely….for now.

Tomorrow is November 11th and it is Remembrance Day here in Canada where we gather to remember all those that served Canada and especially those that gave their life for our freedom. We always go to the cenotaph.  I only miss going when I’m too sick. My uncle, Frank Willett, died in action in Italy just before the end of WWII so I go in his memory.

Today’s card qualifies for these three challenges.

http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca – anything goes birthday
http://casmixup.blogspot.ca/ - stamping  + glitter + your choice
http://www.scrapyland-blog.com – anything goes



This is a Power Poppy stamp and I just love it. I especially love colouring it all in blue….with coloured pencils; blended with gamsol. The flowers are very glittery but I love the sparkle. The circle is from a Spellbinder’s die. The background was a piece of white cardstock that I splattered blue ink on. The other paper is all from the stash.

That’s all for a bitter cold Friday, November 10, 2017.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.










7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, blue poppies, Violet! I love the sparkle that makes them look dewy! I hope you have a lovely Remembrance Day and that it's not too cold! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooooo stay warm Violet..... I just love your blue card. Tomorrow is Veterans Day for us. My Dad was in the Navy as was my oldest brother though neither of them saw any action... Hubby was in the Army and daughter in the Airforce and Army... I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. We are entering a little bit of a warm up with some rain expected next week.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely poppy card for Remembrance Day Violet, that stamp is a fav of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh, such a beautiful card! Those flowers are gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Scrapy Land! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Violet. Your card is beautiful! Wonderful colouring on your pretty bouquet of flowers. The glitter makes them even more special by adding some lovely sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully Blue. Your flower colouring is truly awesome. The perfect bouquet center piece. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bouquet of blue flowers is so beautifully colored! I love in blue splattered background panel too! Great way to match the backdrop to main image! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...