Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me.....an a card

Happy Birthday to me! Yup, today I turned 68 years young…….young, not old, as I absolutely refuse to grow up. Joe asked me once, “Don’t you think it’s time you acted your age?” to which I replied, “No, I tried that once and it was no fun”. He’s given up on me; but still loves me!

It was a quiet birthday as none of my children live here but that’s okay. I heard from them all in one way or another and I know they love me every day, not just today. The youngest grandchild likes to Skype me which is so cute.

It was very hot and humid here today but it cools off at night which means there will likely be some heavy fog in the morning…..glad I’m not going anywhere.The garden sure soaked up the water tonight but we need a good all day rain. It is very dry here.

I did manage to get some cards made but they are not photographed yet. Here is one from last month. This is an Art Impression stamp, Earl, and is still available.
 

This is not a very large stamp but so darn cute. Earl was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. The card base is the light green and then I just pulled some greens from the stash to add to it. The tag is computer generated and the ribbon was added behind the ribbon tag (Spellbinders) and then the ends were notched.

That’s all for a hot, humid birthday,

Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Happy Happy Belated Birthday Violet!!! You are a very young 68! I'm sure it has to do with all the hiking and biking you and hubby do. :) And ofcourse the crafting keeps your creative self young :)

    'Earl' is a cute stamp. and i love how you've colored him with the colored pencil and Gamsol... I've been dabbling with the paint so much i haven't sat down with my pencils in awhile... i need to remedy that... If i lived closer Violet i'd bake you a cake!!! Big Birthday Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...