Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Thunderstorming Day and a Card

We are having a severe thunderstorm as I write this. They have been predicting them for a few days and other areas had them but they missed us – until now. I was down in the lower studio (aka the basement) and could hear the thunder down there. It was time for a coffee so good time to post a card.

Yesterday the weather prediction was hot, humid and chance of thunderstorm so we hustled in the morning and got to the park early to get a bike ride in before the storm hit. It was almost 90F when we loaded the bikes and I thought then that this may not be a good idea but we went anyway. There was a lovely breeze at the lake so riding wasn’t too bad – unless you were in the sun! Even though we stopped for several drinks of water I don’t think I drank enough and my body was tight as a drum last night….couldn’t seem to relax to get to sleep so it was a lot of tossing and turning instead of sleeping. We normally do at least 25km every time we go out but yesterday when we hit the 25km mark we decided to go a little further and did almost 31km. I think it was those extra 6km that did me in! Oh well, we survived and got some fresh air and exercise.

Today’s card is another one using a Stamping Bella stamp.

I stamped the image and coloured it with Prismacolor markers, blended with gamsol and then cut around it. The balloons were made more vibrant with alcohol markers and then Glossy Accents was added over top to make them look like real balloons. The pretty blue paper is from Paper Wishes (Hot Off the Press) and I wish I had bought more of it. The image was glued on with dimensional glue dots. The lattice was die cut with a Memory Box die and just glued down. A few sequins were added it and it was done. Cute image. I made another card with the same stamp but totally different design. Maybe I’ll post it tomorrow.

That’s all for a thunderstorming Thursday,

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card Violet! I can't wait to see the one you did different. So 25km would be about 12-13 miles right??Thats really good... I've walked a couple times this week... First two times a half mile and the last one was a mile. Did i tell you i hurt my knee while moving ...uughh... Its been a long road back... and i'm sure the extra weight i'am carrying is not helping.. but hey baby steps and getting back to walking is one of them.. I have a nice country road to walk on and i'm gonna do it. No excuses especially with Fall coming on.. I'd like to have a pretty good routine before it gets really cold.

    Went to the movies and saw A Walk in the Woods with Robert Redford and NIck Nolte... really really liked it.. Talk at you later Violet! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...