Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bowties for Dogs?? and a Card


It was such a busy day today I almost forgot to post my card. Our neighbour brought back Joe’s laptop this morning and finished downloading his favourites and setting it up. It works better now than it ever has, even when it was brand new!...which was great but it cut into my sewing time. After he left,I started working on bowties for my grand-dogs – my daughter’s dogs! My grandson found some bowties for dogs at the store but of course they were a ridiculous price and my daughter refused to buy them but did snap a photo of Finn holding one up and posted it on Facebook. So, Grandma to the rescue! Of course, the other two daughters and my granddaughter saw the posting and they wanted them for their dogs – and a couple of the cats. Joe just shakes his head at all this….."bowties for dogs?"…"good grief"….but I just ignore him. He went and washed the car and I sewed all afternoon.
 
So, finally late this afternoon I had the Halloween costumes for Jack and Seth finished; the bowties made; Jack’s birthday card finished; their Halloween bookmarks made and their Halloween cards completed and took them all to the post office. Next up is the bow ties for Finn’s dogs and then the others. No wonder I never get caught up!

Today’s card is another repurposed card.

I was looking through some old greeting cards someone gave me and found this one…it was a very large card, at least 5”x7”. I really liked that decorative die-cut bit so I took the front off and die cut it with a Spellbinder square die…… but wasn’t sure what to do with it once it was die cut. Then I realized that back of the card was also in the same colour tones so I cut it down to fit my card base and glued this square over the bit with writing on it….ssshhh don’t tell anyone! It looked a little plain so I took my new Spellbinder die and die cut a piece of the card that was left over, cut off the label part and glued the scroll part under the square. I had just enough to die cut another scroll for the inside of the card. I really liked how it turned out and it looks completely different than the original card too.

That’s all for a delightfully warm Tuesday,

 Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...