Friday, November 20, 2015

A Very Purple Card


The weather is more like the typical November weather now – cool and windy with rain and perhaps snow for the weekend. While Joe has been recuperating, I’ve been quilting during the day, card making at night. I have one quilt top finished, except for a dark brown border…..which I still have to buy the fabric for….and I’ve started cutting out a blue one. Tomorrow I will be busy helping to teach some kids to quilt at the library…this should be interesting!

So, not much happening around here so I’ll get right to the card I’m posting.

 
I really like how this card turned out – so pretty! The stamped image is another old Magnolia image and it was coloured with Prismacolor pencils, blended with gamsol and Wink of Stella added to her dress. All the dies are from Spellbinders. The back ground is just very light purple and once everything was glued down, it was then glued to the white square card base. I tied the bow and had a small piece left over so I added it to the top left corner before gluing the stamped image on. The border is from a piece of cardstock and I simply cut a piece off and then trimmed each hexagon before gluing it down. The sentiment is a peel-off.
 
According to the Magnolia website, a small white dot should be added to each cheek to bring the eye to the face……it does work, but do I like it? Hmmm, not sure. Did you immediately look at her face? or did you not even notice? Let me know what you think. The jury is out on this one.

That’s all for a cool, windy Friday, November-20-15

Cheers

Violet

 

2 comments:

  1. I DID look at her face first i think but not because of the white dots but because i think its a little odd she doesn't have a nose or mouth...???? But girlfriend i LOVE the purple!!! One of these days i will buy a Wink of Stella pen!!! :) Stay warm... Tomorrow and tomorrow night will be COOOOoooolllddd here! 40 for the high on Saturday and 23 for the low...brrrr..... Big Hugs to you and a Get Well for Joe! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...