Monday, November 16, 2015

Is it Spring again???


It’s spring again in Ontario!.....well it felt like it today anyway. What a lovely day today....but I knew it couldn't be spring because I was out raking leaves. Joe is still recovering from his flu and the leaves just had to be raked....but I needed some fresh air and exercise anyway so I did it.
 
This has not been a good few days for us at all…Joe had a relapse on Thursday night and was very sick on Friday….at one point I considered getting him to the hospital but I was able to get him to drink enough that he didn’t get dehydrated. Close call though. And then, to make my life even more interesting, my sister had to have a lumpectomy on Friday and couldn’t stay alone so I had to get her to and from the hospital and then back to our house overnight….and keep her away from anywhere in the house Joe had been laying. So with one very sick and one recuperating from surgery, Friday was a bit of a blur for me. Luckily she was able to return home on Saturday so I just had Joe to deal with – and he was starting to feel better too – thank goodness. Each day he feels a bit better so I think he’s on the mend.

This is the card I was planning on posting on Friday but never got to it.

This is another old Magnolia image. It was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. I added some Wink of Stella to the dress, stocking and hat and the camera intensified it – it’s not that glaring in real life. The stamped image was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die. Then I used the same die to outline it in red and hand cut it. Then I used the next larger die in the set to die cut the blue. The background paper was sitting on my desk and that was my inspiration for the colours for this card. The tag was die cut with a Cuttlebug die and attached with a red brad. The sentiment is a peel-off. The snowflake swirl is another die – Memory Box I think. The two dark strips are ribbons. I just happened to have the ribbon in the same colours – bonus!

That’s all for a lovely warm Monday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...