Wednesday, November 11, 2015

LEST WE FORGET

Today is Remembrance Day in Canada. We had a huge turnout for the Remembrance Day service at our Cenotaph. Joe is still sick so I had go alone and ended up standing right beside one of our friends. She is the only other person I recognized too but the crowd was so deep I couldn’t see much – I’m short!

So, out of respect for our fallen soldiers there is no card today. I am posting a sign that hangs on our front porch that I painted on slate for Remembrance Day.

 

I dedicate this day to my Uncle, Frank Harvey Willett, who died in action just before the end of WWII at age 23. Although he died before I was born I’ve always had a very strong spirit connection with him.
His badges and medals...which my brother, his namesake, inherited and his children arranged to have them mounted for him.

 

 

LEST WE FORGET

Violet

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...