Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Stylized Rose Card


Brrrrrr. Yes, we are back to brrrrr….at least compared to the last week of hot and humid temperatures. It’s that darn cold wind that makes you shiver. It's supposed to go down to 8C tonight (46F) so that's cold for May. It rained off and on all afternoon and in between the rain, we had sunny skies.....odd weather day for sure.

Today was another busy day- some housework; some errands (me while Joe cut grass); picked up newsletters from the church; delivered newsletters to my ladies in the nursing home; tried to help my friend fix her printer – failed at that one; quick supper and clean up (glad we have frozen meals I make in the freezer for these days and after supper I hit the lower studio and finished a scrapbook layout; tidied the desk and called it a night. I woke up at 5:00 this morning, up at 6:00, so it’s catching up with me now. Tired!



Today’s card is one example of what to do with a single flower stamp.

 


This stylized rose was stamped on water colour paper; coloured with water colour pencils; and then blended with water. The dies are Spellbinder’s oval dies. The background once again is from the stash and taped together at the back. This time I stitched around the edges of the blue background and the inner oval with bright blue thread. Because the rose was pink I paired it with the pink polka dot paper. I wasn’t sure I was going to like it but I did….things have to either match or be complete opposite for me to like it. The tag was die cut with an old Cuttlebug tag die and the sentiment is a peel-off. I’m not sure where the bow came from.


That’s all for a cool Tuesday,


Cheers

Violet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...