Friday, July 22, 2016

It's a Heat Wave.....


We are not only having a heat wave but a drought as well. Some areas received rain via thunderstorm last night but it missed us. Today is so hot and humid it’s unbearable. The weather network said it would feel like 44ºC (111ºF)….and no relief in sight for the next few days either. I've been down in my lower studio (aka the basement) working on new cards using the Tim Holtz Crazy Dog stamp set that I won. Cool set. Love it.



Last night I decided to make myself a home-made Misti stamp positioner and I got so involved in the process I forgot to post my card. The Misti looks like a great tool but very expensive – about $75.00 U.S. which is too much for me to fork out. The Frugal Crafter made one on her YouTube channel following directions by another tuber so I gave it a try. I did not follow the example exactly because I have different products but it turned out all right and it cost me nothing. Check out YouTube for instructions.



Last week was my grandson Seth’s 9th birthday. He loves Ninja’s so I made him a Ninja card.

 




I saw a card similar to this on Pinterest that gave me the idea for it. The background had those stripes printed on but I decided it needed more action…more something. My new stamp set from Stampin’ Up is getting a lot of use! The splatters and splotches were added over the printed paper and I think it looks much better. The letters were die cut with a Sizzix die. There is no pattern as I made it up as I went along.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference.



That’s all for a hot and humid Friday. Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone!



Cheers

Violet




1 comment:

  1. Oh i'll bet Seth LOVED his little Ninja Card!! Such a cute idea. Isn't Pinterest great for getting ideas and then twisting them to fit your style?! Love it!

    OhMyGosh HOT and humid here too ...yesterday, today and tommorrow and then Mon it starts backing off and next week looks back in the 80's at least with chances of rain.. We need it too.. 97 today and tomorrow Uggghhh..... Say cool my friend! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...