Tuesday, August 16, 2016

First Attempt at Water Colouring Painting


Just time for a real quick post tonight. We didn’t get the torrential downpour here but they did in some places. Talk about it never rains but it pours….we went from a drought to constant rain. Hope it clears up when we have the grandsons.



Today I’m posting my very first attempt at painting a water colour scene postcard. I’ve been influenced and inspired by The Frugal Crafter on YouTube and finally decided to give it a try. This postcard is on its way to someone who does read my blog so I want that person to remember – FIRST ATTEMPT! I almost didn't mail it but I made it for this person and decided to send it even though it's not all that good.

 


Nothing much to say except it is a 4 x 6 postcard on water colour paper using inexpensive water colour paints – Artist’s Loft. I just had to do some stamping though so the birds were stamped as well as the sentiment. I was going to write the sentiment but that darn stamp fit there so perfectly I went with it instead. I like splatters so I added them.



That’s all for a dreary, cloudy wet Tuesday,


Cheers

Violet


2 comments:

  1. That Lindsay is something isn't she? She makes it look so easy! Violet i just love the colors you chose here! I think its a beautiful card and whoever receives it is gonna LOVE it! And to think this is only your first attempt! I think you should definitely pursue this.Did you enjoy making it? I think stamping on the watercolor was a great idea. Did you use archival ink? Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great Violet, I wonder what they will look like after you do it a few more times. Your talent is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...