Friday, September 16, 2016

A Flip Card with an Extra Flip


Another absolutely gorgeous day here in Ontario! This morning we did a few errands including another trip to the fruit stand – gotta go to the fruit stand a couple times a week – and after lunch Joe and I cleaned the inside of the car; washed our portable BBQ and I washed the front windows and outside chairs and tables and then watered the garden. It was too nice to sit inside.



Today’s card was made with the same flip-it die set as yesterday’s card but I put my own twist on it. Once again, ignore the paper clip that is holding it shut.

 


This time I added a flap on the far right by cutting the cardstock base 5.5” wide so it fits the inside the die and bringing the long piece up over the final cut. This makes a crease but no cut. So, once it’s folded back I cut off the access. I didn’t come up with this idea but I found it on YouTube for another Sizzix flip die I own and I figured if it works on that one, it will work on this one…and it does. The designer paper was also die cut with the extra dies that come with the set and glued in place. This time I remembered to put the ribbon down the middle of the far left strip. The die set comes with those stitched dies – including one smaller once which I used too. I cut two medium and one large one and glued them onto the designer paper on the flap and then added the K & Company daisy (Dollarama find).

  

Here’s the card opened up.



The small squares are what flips when opened. This time I just die cut some plain stitched squares and stamped on three small images. Because I added the far right flap, I was able to put a verse on the inside like I do on a regular card. I like this style so much better. Next week I’ll post my card that was suppose to be like this but I……….. well, come back next week for the rest of the story!



That’s all for a gorgeous Friday, September 16, 2016. We are expecting more thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow so I doubt if there will be a bike ride in our plans. We shall see. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone.





Cheers

Violet



Ps: Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. I just love this card Violet! Love the little flips when you open it. You have such patience!! Just gorgeous!

    We've just had some lovely rain....some rumbles but no bad storms...they missed us thank goodness... But now we are suppose to push 90 degrees F for the next week.....so so not happy about that! I was hoping that was over...

    All the things you mentioned are things that hubby and i need to do ... clean out the car... wash the windows....lol I did all the caulking in my Master walk in closet yesterday and now i need to paint over it... I should have my closet back soon...yeaaahh!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...