Thursday, September 1, 2016

Three in a Row

 
Last night it cooled down so much we were able to turn off the A/C and open the windows……loved it! We have never, ever had the A/C running as constantly as we have this year.

The yard work is all done for the week and we are going to enjoy a Chinese feast for supper. It’s my birthday today and I get to pick where he takes me for supper. At first I was going to go to Boston Pizza to try their spaghetti with shrimp and garlic – sounded healthy enough but when I checked the nutritional list it was a shocker…..a whopping 1,680 Calories and 2300 mg of sodium. It doesn’t make sense to me when their full order of 7 cheese ravioli is only 870 Calories….but 2,410 mg of sodium. Yikes! I know a body can afford one of these meals once in awhile but I’ve eaten healthy for so long I just cannot make myself order it. So, we are going to get Chinese food instead and I’ve been ordered not to research it!!!! Ha! It’s not available on-line for this restaurant anyway!

Now on with the card. Yesterday I posted a card made with a Penny Black stamp and I mentioned that I cut one part off. This is what I do with this single flower.




I stamped the flower three times on some left over water colour paper. I used my Artist Loft shimmer water colour paints for the flowers and leaves and their regular water colour paints for the background. I decided I wanted a bit of a different background than the card I posted yesterday (see post to see how I did the background there) so after the water splatters did their bit and dried I took Broken China Distress Ink and ran it down the card from the top down to create lines. I had the flowers covered with a piece of post-it note as a mask. These were then mounted on black cardstock and then on the card base that had been covered with a light patterned paper that reminded me of old fashioned wallpaper. The Spellbinder ribbon label was die cut from a piece of left over black cardstock and black ribbon with a fancy edging was strung through it and to the back. The sentiment is a peel-off. Once everything was glued down I added Stickles to the flowers and set it aside to dry - the curse of Stickles is the drying time. I rather liked how this one turned out….sometimes my experiments miss the mark and end up in the big “R” – as in recycle bin but this one is okay.

That’s all for a lovely but cool Thursday, 2016-09-01

Cheers

Violet




1 comment:

  1. Happy happy Belated Birthday Violet!!! Yeah i'm with Joe i would look up the Chinese nutrition list either...lol I'm glad you had a nice day! This is our second cool day in a row and most especially cool nights...wow is that ever welcome!! The humidity is down too...Its like a breath of Fall... But i see on the forecast our temps are jumping back up.... so sad...lol Ah well ....

    Love your card !!! Three of them in a row like that look so nice! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...