Friday, October 28, 2016

A Card for the Pre-teen Boy


I’m almost too tired to type so this will be a short posting. We went for an hour’s walk down to the library and back this morning and then we worked out in the garden all afternoon. So sad to pull up all the annuals, dig up the gladioli and dahlia and cut back the hosta, etc. But we’re pretty much done now. The rest can wait until the spring clean-up.



Yesterday our grandson Jack turned 12. I don’t know about you but I have a hard time making cards for the pre-teen and teenage boys. Girls are no problem, but boys – yikes! I don’t have many stamps for this age group either but I did find a digital stamp that worked. Here’s what I came up with.

 




I ran a piece of white cardstock through the printer to print the image. Then came the stamping using the grunge stamps from Stampin’ Up. Ink was sponged around the image for the sky. Then I die cut it using a stitched rectangle die and glued it to the card base. The label was die cut with the smaller stitched rectangle and then green ink was lightly sponged on and then the sentiment was stamped. He loved it. Whew!



 Now for a confession. I ran this image through the printer twice so I could experiment which was a good decision. I did basically the same thing but I used the blobs stamp and stamped it in red. OMG! It looked like blood splatters! But wait, is it just me that thinks that? I showed it to Joe and he laughed and said, “You can’t send him that. It looks like blood splatters.” Garbage!



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.



And that would be all for a sunny fall day on October 28, 2016.



Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...