Monday, November 14, 2016

Playing with New Dies


It’s hard to believe that it is mid-November when I walk around my garden and see flowers still blooming. Trust me, this is not a normal sight in November in Canada! I took a few minutes this afternoon and took some photos of them. Here are just three plants that are blooming like crazy.



 
Not sure what these are called
but they bloom all summer and
into the fall.
Yes, the grass is still very green too.

Pinks!

Gaillardia (aka Blanket Flower) 




Last week I mentioned that I bought a couple new die sets…okay three actually, but who’s counting! I had some fun over the weekend playing with them. This card is one of the ones I made and it meets this challenge: http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2016/11/hls-november-anything-goes-with-dies.html



 




Yes, another window card. I love making these but the extra embellishment is the cat in the window which is part of one of my new dies! These are from Impression Obsession.  I bought a set of six cats and six dogs, various poses. So darn cute. Our local scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle, ordered them in for me and I think they were only $12.00 a set and I saw at least one other set for sale….so hurry in! The Memory Box window die was used to die cut the blue cardstock which is actually an old greeting card. There was a huge piece of this beautiful blue cardstock with no writing or picture on it so I repurposed it for my card. The Santa is also from an old greeting card.  The white cardstock was embossed with an old Cuttlebug embossing folder. The card base is cardstock from Stampin’ Up which surprisingly enough matched the window frame pretty well. The window box was cut from the same cardstock as the window frame and added on with a strip of dimensional glue. Then the Martha Steward punched ferns were glued in.  I had a piece of that red ribbon sitting on the desk and it fit perfectly across the window box. After everything was glued in place the cat was glued on with black dimensional glue dots. The sentiment and the bells are gold peel-offs. I love how it looks like Santa and the cat are looking at each other.



That’s all for a lovely November 14, 2016.



Cheers

Violet


3 comments:

  1. Aaaawww i love how they are looking at each other.... Look at Jinx on your windowsill.. He LOVES windowsills... :)I see you get alot of use from the Martha Stewart fern die cut... I'm going to look into one... Love those cat dies too.. AND the window dies!!! Girlfriend you sold all three of these to me! :) lol

    The weather is crazy here too... not much color in the leaves but some are falling.. the next three days are in the 70's F with tomorrow 78F ! Hubs and neighbor are going fishing this afternoon! I guess enjoy it while we can.. winter may come hard and heavy when it comes... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your window card! Cute Santa too. We are waiting for our first snow storm here...your flowers look beautiful!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that window die, Santa looks great looking through. Great recycling too!
    Thanks for linking up at HLS. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...