Friday, December 30, 2016

Last Card for 2016


Christmas is officially over for us – we took the tree down today – it sure is a lot more fun putting it up than taking it down. I’m in charge of un-decorating the tree….and for good reason! About 26 years ago (we had only been married a couple of years) I had to work between Christmas and New Years and Joe was off – and bored. He calls me at work and tells me he is bored and he wants to take down the tree. Back then I had enough decorations on the tree for about three trees…..and when I take them off they all get wrapped and back in original packages (yes, it’s a Virgo thing) so I asked, “Are you sure you want to do this? It’s a lot of work”. He assures me really wants to do it so I give him the okay. I get home from work and he is standing there just as proud as can be with the tree completely bare……and then I look at the chesterfield…..he simply took the ornaments off; left the hooks on; and piled everything together. AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH! Let’s just say he didn’t get the praise he was looking for!!! It took me longer to un-hook and untangle everything than it would have if I had un-decorated the tree. ☹



Today’s card was made by two pieces of paper falling on my desk when I was looking for something else. Instead of putting them back in the stash, I made this card.

 


I liked these two brown papers together so I taped them at the back and wrapped a darker brown ribbon around them. The green, which matches the green vines perfectly, was die cut with the Spellbinder’s scalloped circle die and glued one. The cat stamp was a gift from someone and every time I use it, its one of the first cards my friends pick.  The cats were coloured with Prismacolor pencils. The sentiment is a peel-off.



That’s the last post for 2016 but I’ll be back next week with the new cards I’ve been making this week.


Have a safe and Happy New Year – we stay home where it’s safe and warm and no impaired drivers!



Cheers

Violet




1 comment:

  1. Well.... this is my last comment for 2016!! You ended with a lovely little card Violet... those two pieces of paper falling together was just karma.. :)

    I hope to post more in the new year.... I have so much to show and tell and this once a week is just not making it... See ya next year Violet!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...