I was really looking forward to going to the quilt guild’s quilting bee today because we were to make the quilt blocks for the Ronald McDonald Project….they had to make them without me! I was attacked by the brain disorders last night and had to have a very quiet day at home today…and tonight…missing the guild meeting too. I did get some very necessary sorting out and organizing my paper stash of bits this afternoon though so the day wasn’t completely wasted. I’m not done organizing them completely but made a good start on it.
I had a comment on the last posting about blending with gamsol. I have always just used stumps.....never thought of using a paint brush. I'm going to see if I can find the video mentioned in the comments and watch it and maybe I'll try it.
Last weekend I had some time to make some new cards so I stamped some images with an Art Impression set I bought on sale at Michaels before Christmas. Cute set! I like it!
This fellow is a separate stamp. The pins and the sentiment are part of the set as well. Once again I coloured the image without to first picking out the paper but luckily I found lots of green and the yellowish-green in the stash. The image was coloured with my Prismacolor pencils and die cut with the Stampin’ UP stitched square. The silver peel-off strips along the seams are actually tinted green with alcohol ink. They still look silver in the photo but in real life you can see the green tint. The pins were added with dimensional strips so they are raised up…as is the sentiment.
Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.
That’s all for a cool, dreary, dull day….and that’s the weather and me! Take care all.