Monday, January 16, 2017

Tulips!


We are currently having a rainy night but freezing rain is expected later on. There was a short-lived freezing rain shower mid-afternoon but then it turned to rain again. I’m glad I got all my errands done this morning and I won’t be leaving the house tomorrow.



Today’s card is another free flower image downloaded from the Internet. Tulips are my husband’s favourite flower and I must admit they are one of mine as well.

 




These were coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol – of course – my favourite way to colour images. I do have some alcohol markers but they are not Copics and I’m just not too happy with them so I just keep going back to my pencils. The stitched oval is from a Stampin’ Up die and the larger oval is from a Spellbinder’s die. The paper and ribbon is all from my stash. Once the card was completed I added Wink of Stella to the tulips and some of the leaves. The camera makes it look very shiny but in real life it’s just a hint of glimmer.



That’s all for a wet and possibly slippery Monday, January 16, 2017.

  

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I can fix it. Thanks.








1 comment:

  1. Love love love your tulips Violet... I love tulips too... I can remember my grandmother having a huge rectangle flowerbed right by the front porch when i was little and it was full of tulips...made quite the impression as i still remember it to this day..

    I was wondering something about the Gamsol... Ever since you made me aware of it and i have used it to blend my Prismacolor pencil i have always used a blending stump to do that... But i watched a video the other day on YouTube.. Lachri fine Arts i think ... any way she blended hers with a paint brush and Gamsol... have you ever done that or is that the way you normally do it.. I tried and i really liked the results..Stay warm! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...