Friday, April 21, 2017

A Blue Card


Ooops! I missed a day! I usually post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and sometimes I throw one in on the weekend. Wednesday afternoon my sister-in-law called needing me to do some errands for her and by the time we were done it was time to grab a bite to eat and I then left for my quilt guild meeting. I’m still fighting this virus so when I got home it was pj’s and do nothing time! I figured I’d post on Thursday instead but didn’t.



This sore throat and laryngitis is getting on my nerves. We had to go and get some groceries today and I noticed something quite funny that happened several times. When I explain that I have laryngitis to people waiting on me, several of them leaned forward and whispered back to me. I thought it was so funny because my ears are fine but of course I didn’t say anything to them….but I was definitely chuckling in the inside.



Today’s card is another example of how to use a simple Memory Box die.

 


The Happy Birthday was die cut out of the blue and then the blue star paper and dark blue were taped together right under the ‘happy’. The candles were die cut with a Little B die from left over bits of paper with Stickles added to the flames. They were all die cut different heights and then I placed them on a jaunty angle instead of straight up and down.

Because I had yellow glitter on the candles, I punched three yellow stars and glued them to the top right corner and then added Stickles to them as well.

The dark blue looked blah so ‘celebrate’ was added with white embossing powder. Well, then the top right looked odd so I die cut the Little B banner from the same dark blue and added it….and declared it done! I definitely just design as I go. I’m so not a follow a sketch person.



That’s all for a sunny but with a cool wind blowing Friday, April 21, 2017. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account.



If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...