Friday, August 25, 2017

Bookmarks


It feels like fall in the morning but luckily it warms up in the afternoon. We just may be in for another lovely weekend as well so that’s a bonus!



When I want to try a new technique or colour combination, I have a tendency to try it out on a bookmark first. Here are two examples.






I made these ones using a variety of Distress Inks – Broken China, Mustard Seed, and Spiced Marmalade. I did not let the Broken China blend too much into the other two which kept it blue. Then water was sprinkled on then a soft cloth was placed on top. This gives a lovely textured look of rain or snow or just a nice look – depending on how big the water droplets are and how long you leave it on. Once it was dry I stamped the images using Archival Black ink .



I was actually making bookmarks for the friend who took us out on his boat while the grandsons were here. He mentioned that after his heart surgery (about a month ago) he could not read for several days and had to watch TV nature programs instead…. so I knew he was reader but I decided these were a little bit too feminine for him so I made two more – using the same colours but blended the blue into the yellow and orange.

By blending them more, I got a nicer green colour but I more layers on these two. Droplets were added as well but then I re-sponged it the same colours; did more droplets and then went over it with Mustard Seed. The edges were darkened with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and Faded Jeans. Then the same images were stamped using Archival Black ink again. I made two in case his wife is a reader; if not, he has two. Hope he likes them.



You can buy pre-made tags at places like Staples or simply cut a long rectangle from heavy cardstock; make a pointed end; then cut off the point; punch a hole and add a reinforcement. We are a family of readers so I'm always making bookmarks for them...except for Joe who prefers to read on the Internet and one grandson who has a bit of dyslexia and only reads if he has too. Everyone else are veracious readers. 

  

That’s all for a lovely Friday, August 25, 2017.  Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone.



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.












1 comment:

  1. Veracious reader here Violet.. married to a non reader... I bet he will love the bookmarks.. i know i do... and i can never have enough of them as i always seem to have trouble finding one when i want one... lol These are so pretty! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...