Monday, October 30, 2017

Bookmarks


Tomorrow is Halloween! ....and of course they are calling for more rain! We only get about 50 kids anymore (except for the high school kids that come late) so I just bought a bag of 50 and when they are gone, lights out!



My girls and all my grandkids love dressing up for Halloween. I think a lot of the candy collected gets tossed before its eaten….I know that was the case with my girls…but it’s the dressing up and going out trick or treating that they love.



So, today I’m posting the fall/Halloween bookmarks I made for family and friends. They all loved them so that’s good. We are a family of readers so I knew they would enjoy the one-of-a-kind bookmarks.










All the backgrounds were made the same but they all turned out a little different. The moon is Mustard Seed Distress sponged into the negative space of a die cut circle; then it was covered by the positive die cut to keep it yellow as I did the background. Many colours of Distress Inks were sponged on and then droplets of water were splashed on to create those lovely white bits and dots…..love this technique.



They are all a little different even though the same stamps and some die cuts were used. The cat; owl and raven are from one Inkadinkado stamp set; the witch from another one as is the tree; some stamps are from various other companies; the small green creature is from Paper Wishes; the deer is from a Penny Black set…likely meant for Christmas but I like to use my stamps for as many seasons and reasons as possible.



If you want to try out a new technique but not sure you will get good results; try it on a tag first. If it doesn’t work out just toss the tag and try again. If it does work out; add a ribbon to the top and you have a bookmark.



I have scads of new cards to show you....I've been busy.... so be sure to check back on a regular basis. I try to post every Monday; Wednesday and Friday…..unless ‘life’ gets in the way!



  Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...