Wednesday, November 8, 2017

New Stamp Set...New Card


Another nice but cool day; another walk through the bush; and one last time cutting the grass! We may have some snow squalls tomorrow – yuck!



Today’s card was made using a new Stampin’ Up stamp set that I bought on an auction. It fits this challenge over at Simon Says.

  

http: //www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/ - thank you card





First I stamped and embossed the flower stem and the sentiment in gold…the sentiment is part of the stamp set. The flower is one of those stamps that you stamp multiple times to get the shading…love them! This one did not come with a leaf I liked so I used a fancy scroll from another old set as leaves....love them and will use them again.The one I stamped first on the background didn’t turn out as well as I thought it should have. So, I re-stamped it on white cardstock and this time I really liked how it turned out so I cut it out and glued it on top….if anyone asks though I’m saying it was a design decision that I intended all along!!! Before gluing it to the card base I wrapped some gold twine around it. A simple but lovely card I think.



 That’s all for a cool Wednesday, November 8, 2017.

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty card, love the flower and the sentiment is lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...