Friday, November 3, 2017

Dimensional Flowers on a Card


After two days of overcast and rainy days including a thunderstorm and pounding rain last night, today was sunny but still quite cool. It got just into the 50F (10C) but the wind made it feel much colder than that.



Today’s turned out better than I thought it might – yet another “lets try it and see what happens” card.

  




The flowers in the background were stamped with a large Stampin’ Up stamp. I stamped in black and coloured it the first time I used it but for some reason I did not enjoy colouring it so I decided to just use it as a background. It was stamped in a hot pink colour. The flowers were stamp on white cardstock and then I coloured them pink with that touch of hot pink around the edges and then they were die cut with a Stampin’ Up matching die. I’m not great at matching the die to the stamped image so any place that showed the white cardstock, I just sponged more of the hot pink on it. They needed some shimmer so I sprayed them with some clear home-made glimmer mist. The flowers were placed on an old mouse pad and shaped a bit with the round end of pen or paint brush…which ever one I grabbed that was round. The yellow centres were die cut as well and then the gems were added. White ribbons were wrapped around it and a small bow glued on. The birthday sentiment was stamped with the same hot pink. The panel was then glued to a hot pink card base. I think it will do for a birthday card.



That’s all for a typical November day…..Friday, November 3, 2017. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone. Be back on Monday!



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...