Monday, December 4, 2017

A Snowy Owl and a Card


We are still experiencing quite mild temperatures…and no snow!...for December but it is coming to an end on Wednesday! We have been out walking every day and will continue to do so until it snows…then we go to the arena and walk around and around and around there. Boring! I told Joe last year I felt like a hamster in a wheel there but he just laughed and said it’s better than walking on slippery sidewalks and falling so keep walking – true but boring.

Yesterday was Joe’s birthday so after lunch we went out to the lake to Molly and OJ’s for lunch – not something we can do on a regular basis but for his birthday, it was a nice treat. We walked a trail there until someone told us there was a snowy owl   off the Erieau pier so we went back to Erieau and sure enough it was still there. Here is one of the photos of it.  
There was a beautiful full moon last night so I took a picture of it with my camera. Not the best but for a point-and-shoot camera, not bad.

Today’s card is a sample of the ones I made for the ladies I visit at the nursing home. I make them all the same card so I don’t have to worry about them getting the same one next year. It’s the only time I make duplicate cards.




The card base already had those very small Christmas trees embossed on them. I bought these and some red cards on sale a couple of years ago and forgot about them. As soon as I found them, ..confession…while looking for something else….. I knew they would be perfect for the nursing home cards. I took the Cuttlebug Christmas tree embossing folder and embossed each card front. Then I sanded the top of the embossed area so the white would show. Then I pulled out some gems and started gluing them on. I always put a drop of glue where I’m putting the gems to make sure they stay on. Most of my gems come from the dollar store so sometimes the glue is not the best! I thought some of the gems were too light in colour so I went over the tops of those ones with an alcohol marker to brighten them up. I thought these were going to be quick and easy cards but the gems took longer to put on then the embossing did. Oh well, I like them and I hope they do as well.

That’s all for a mild but windy Monday, December 4, 2017.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. Well i like the card too Violet... very pretty! And the snowy owl is beautiful! I have never seen one in person... Believe it or not but a storm is blowing in at the moment... thunder lightning ... hail wind... in December!! AND i saw a snake today while walking.... such crazy warm weather we've been having... Tomorrow will be cold for us 34 F tonight and 46 F for us tomorrow for the high... At least it will feel more like winter... :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...