Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Non-Traditional Coloured Christmas Card


The above seasonal temperatures have disappeared!....and the cold wind makes it even colder. Brrrrr. I hate winter!

Today’s card is a Christmas card in non-traditional colours…..something I really like to do.

This card meets the requirements for this challenge:


and this challenge:



I was digging through the stash…yes it’s that deep….or it seems so some days…and found that aqua plain paper…but not a lot of it. So I searched through my patterned paper and found a piece that matched. A simple diagonal cut formed a perfect card size front. The fancy strip down the seam was also from the stash and just happened match! The ornament is a Stampin’ Up die cut out of a lighter aqua cardstock with glitter paper behind it. The sentiment was die cut with the Tim Holtz Christmas sentiment die set. They were die cut twice; once out of the darker and lighter aqua cardstock and the lighter one was glued to the darker one; but off-set so it made a shadow which really helped it stand out.



That’s all for a cold and windy Wednesday, December 6, 2017.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Violet!!! I like to see your 'non traditional'colors!! Gives me ideas!! Its COLD here too... brrr... Tonight the low is 23F i think and the high is only 35F tommorrow... brrr... I did want the cold didn't i??!! lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card and I love the gorgeous turquoise colour.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card design - thanks for sharing your project at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...