Monday, February 19, 2018

Flower Card on a Rainy Day


It’s been raining here since sometime in the middle of the night and will continue to rain, off and on likely, until some time late tomorrow night. Then a day of no rain, and then two more days of rain. Mother Nature has been confused all winter. At least we don’t have to shovel rain! We had so much snow piled so high that even all this rain has not melted it yet but it’s going down, slowly but surely. Its Family Day here in Canada but we have no family close by and we like to do outdoor stuff when we do see them so we opted to stay home seeing as its raining all over Southern Ontario. I hit the sewing room and got a lot of my last quilt quilted and Joe has been on the computer. Good day!

        Today’s card was made with one of my favourite new stamps from Poppy Power.

 


      This time I stamped the image with Stampin’ Up Handsome Hunter Green ink which I think has been retired but any green ink would do. Then it was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol using just blue and that light green. I know the old saying says ‘blue and green should never be seen’ but I happen to love blue and green together. The completed image was then placed behind this fancy Spellbinder’s die but one flower didn’t fit in. Instead of cutting it off, I carefully cut around it so it goes over the frame. I like it like that. The background paper is from the stash. The ribbon tag is also a Spellbinder’s die and I left it in the die and sponged on some light blue which left that nice white edge. The sentiment is from an old stamp set that never goes out of style. Once the card was completed I added clear Wink of Stella to flowers and set it aside to dry.

        That’s all for a very wet and rainy Monday, February 19, 2018. I’ll be back on Wednesday with another posting. In the meantime, feel free to browse back to see other postings.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


2 comments:

  1. Very wet and rainy here too Violet and a little icy.. A cold day after quite a few warmer nice days..brrr.. I have never heard that saying about green and blue.. I like them together too.. Stay dry and warm and i will too. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is wonderful. I was searching on the internet for best card designs of 2018 as I wanted to give a flower card to my baby sister on her birthday and trust me, this card designs is no doubt the best flower card design available on the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...