Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Water Coloured Background Card


This has been a crazy busy….and rainy…day and it’s not over yet. Tonight is the quilt guild meeting and I always look forward to learning more about quilting and socializing with the other quilters.

Today’s card is one that I made over the weekend when we had some not-quite-so-cold days and it was bearable in the lower studio (aka the basement).




I love making these background cards using water colour paper and a variety of mediums. I have used plain cardstock but it doesn’t take the ink quite as nicely. I think this one was made with Distress Inks but you can use any die ink or water colour paints that you happen to have. Just smear some ink across a slick surface like the Tim Holtz sheet…I use a piece of stiff plastic because I don’t have the T.H. one…spray with water until small droplets form; lightly spray the water colour paper and press and twist into the ink or paint. You can keep dipping it in but DRY IT BETWEEN dips. As long as you dry it in between you can get lots of different layers; if you don’t dry it, you get mud! No need to ask how I know this!

Once the paper is dry and straightened as well as I can get it, I stamped the image…Inkadinkado…and then the sentiment and scroll which are from two different sets. Because the water colour paper is thick and is not completely flat, I always adhere it to the card base using double sided tape, not glue.

That’s all for a wet Wednesday, February 21, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...